By-Laws: Click here to view our by-laws.
Rose Garden Pool Association Rules
The Rules and Regulations of the Rose Garden Pool Association set forth herein are for the protection and benefit of all Members and guests of the Pool. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe these Rules and Regulations and to follow all instructions from the Pool Management and Pool lifeguards.
Failure to observe and comply with these Rules and Regulations shall be considered sufficient cause for immediate discipline/suspension of Pool privileges for the offending Member(s) and/or their guests, and may also be considered sufficient cause for Membership suspension.
The words and terms used in these Rules and Regulations, unless otherwise herein defined, shall have the same meaning as they do in the By-Laws of the Rose Garden Pool Association, unless the context in which those words and terms are used herein require a different construction.
As used herein, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Association: the Rose Garden Pool Association.
Property or Pool: the swimming pool(s), buildings and all real property owned and/or operated by the Rose Garden Pool Association.
Rules: the Rules and Regulations established and promulgated by the Rose Garden Pool Association.
Member(s): those holding Membership in the Rose Garden Pool Association, as set forth in the Association’s By-Laws.
Adult: For purposes of these Rules and Regulations, an adult is a Member, or Member’s guest, at least eighteen (18) years of age.
FEDERAL, STATE, COUNTY AND TOWNSHIP REGULATIONS
The Rules and Regulations set forth herein are in addition to and superseded by Federal, State, County and Local laws and ordinances.
The Rules and Regulations are subject to change or modification without notice, whether by a government authority or at the discretion of the Board of Directors or the Pool Management.
Responsibility and Authority of the Pool Manager:
The Pool Manager is in full charge of the pool’s operations. They have been directed to continue the association’s high standards for cleanliness, safety, and functioning. They are authorized to restrict any action on the part of the pool users which, in their judgment, may compromise the safety of or interfere with the enjoyment of the members as a whole.
1. All persons using the Association’s facilities do so at their own risk. The Association shall not be held responsible for any accident or injury in connection with such use.
2. All members entering the pool must present their Identification Card. The Family Information Sheet must have been filled out by the member. Pool passes are not transferable and improper or unauthorized use of said passes shall result in Membership suspension.
3. Lounge chairs are reserved for adults ages 18 or older on crowded days.
1. Guests are permitted in the pool, but they must be accompanied by a member of the family unit holding a membership, and the member must register his or her own name and the name(s) of the guest(s).
2. The daily guest fee is $4.00 per person.
3. Members are responsible for the behavior of their guests.
4. Non-swimming guests, including grandparents and children less than two (2) years of age are admitted free. (Note: If you are wearing a swim suit…you are deemed to be a swimmer.)
5. A non-Member sitter will be considered a guest and charged accordingly. A Member must register their baby-sitter with the Pool Manager and the baby-sitter must assume all responsibilities for the Member and their children.
6. No local person(s) may be a guest at the Pool more than five (5) times in any season/year.
7. Any request for a variance of guest rules must be submitted in writing to any member of the Board of Directors for action.
8. Warnings shall be issued for first time violations of guest privileges. A suspension of Membership shall, at the Board of Directors discretion, result from a second violation.
1. If a Member parent cannot attend the Pool to watch their children, a Member baby-sitter must be provided by the Member parent. Baby-sitters cannot be under twelve (12) years of age. The baby sitter must sign in at the Pool registration desk with their parent’s emergency phone numbers and the phone numbers of the parents of the children they are babysitting.
2. A non-Member sitter will be considered a guest and charged accordingly. A Member must register their baby-sitter with the Pool Manager and the baby-sitter must assume all responsibilities for the Member and their children.
1. The Rose Garden Pool Association shall NOT be responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
2. Cash and other valuables should not be left unattended.
3. The Association prohibits the use of musical instruments, radios, CD players and/or tape equipment played so as to disturb, or be offensive to; members and/or guests.
1. No running on or near the pool deck.
2. Non-swimmers, for their own safety must stay at the shallow end, whether in the pool or on the surrounding deck.
3. No children under twelve (12) years of age can be left at the Pool without adult supervision. Children under 12 years old and non-swimmers must be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult. The person supervising the child must be in the water with the child or at the very least at the poolside.
4. Children between the ages of 12 and 18 must sign in at the registration desk and must furnish their parent’s or guardian’s emergency phone numbers.
5. No person shall use the pool for recreational swimming unless it is officially open and the guards are on duty.
6. At least one guard must be on duty and seated in a guard chair when the pool is open.
7. Rough play, in or out of the water is strictly prohibited.
8. At the first clap of thunder or flash of lightning, people will be asked to leave the main and kiddie pools. They will be allowed back in the water after there is no further thunder or lightening, after a specified amount of time.
9. No glass containers are allowed anywhere on pool property.
10. Kiddie Pool: Only children under six (6) years will be permitted in the wading pool and they must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Rough play and running are not permitted.
11. Please place all trash in garbage cans on pool premises.
12. Balls toys, flotation devices and rafts (which term includes all floatation devices) may be used at the discretion of the Pool manager, depending upon safety conditions, or limited by the pool staff. They can be used under the following guidelines:
- Members may provide their own rafts, however no rafts or over six (6) feet in length are permitted.
- Balls and rafts will be limited to the five (5) foot deep end of the pool, within the roped-off area.
- Balls and rafts will be allowed daily during the hours of 12:00 Noon to 1:15 PM and 5:00 PM to closing, unless the Pool Manager deems otherwise. Ball and raft use is subject to change, without notice, at the discretion of the Pool Manager and/or the Board of Directors.
Diving Well Rules:
1. In order to use the diving boards, children must pass a Level II swim test. A lifeguard will administer this test. To pass the test a child must:
- Swim the length of the pool
- Tread water for 30 seconds
2. No inwards or cut away dives permitted.
3. Multiple bouncing, passing, hanging or springing from a sitting position is prohibited.
4. Only one person on the board at a time.
5. Divers must go immediately to the ladder to exit the water.
6. Divers must wait until the person preceding them gets to the ladder to climb out of the pool before they dive in.
7. There is no free swim in the diving well unless permission is given from the guard on duty.
8. All persons using the diving board or slide do so at their own risk. The Association shall not be held responsible for any accident or injury in connection with such use.
9. ABSOLUTELY no head first entries in water under six (6) feet deep.
10. Feet first only on slide.
11. Stopping at end of slide or standing at the end of the slide to dive is prohibited.
12. Jumping or diving onto rafts (which term includes all floatation devices) from diving board or slide is prohibited.
13. Flips, back dives or “no-hand” dives from edge of pool are prohibited.
1. Intoxicated persons will not be admitted.
2. No intoxicating beverages/substances permitted on Pool property.
3. No sitting or diving off shoulders.
4. Do not push or throw anyone in the pool.
1. No pet(s) of any kind shall be permitted on the Pool grounds.
2. No member shall enter the enclosure, or permit a child or guest to do so, who is suffering from an open sore, infection or communicable disease.
3. No smoking.
4. Children who are not toilet-trained are not permitted in either the wading pool or main pool without special swim diapers and closely fitting plastic pants.
5. Pool management will follow and enforce the Pennsylvania Department of Health – Policy and Procedures for the Prevention and Cleanup of Fecal Accidents at Pools.
1. The pool has a fifteen minute “Adult Swim” period each hour.
2. During this period only members 18 years of age and over may use the pool. All children under the age of 18 must leave the pool.
3. During the times that the pool is lightly populated, the “Adult Swim” may be called off at the discretion of the Pool Management.
4. “Lap Lanes” may be designated and must be respected by all.
1. Improper conduct and/or behavior are prohibited at all times in the shower and rest rooms.
2. Showers should be limited to no more than five (5) minutes.
3. Members, their children and/or guests, misusing the shower and rest rooms areas can have their Membership suspended.
4. Flooding the shower areas is strictly forbidden.
5. Use of electrical appliances (i.e., hair dryers, etc…) in the rest room areas is prohibited.
1. Members, their children and/or guests, misusing the kitchen area can have their Membership suspended.
2. Members are responsible for cleaning up the kitchen after use. This includes, but is not limited to, gathering all trash and putting it in the disposal receptacles.
1. Vehicles are to be driven slowly and cautiously and parked to allow maximum use of the available area.
2. Bicycles are to be parked to the left of the main entrance and not left leaning on the fence or in any pedestrian walkway. Bicycles are not permitted in the pool or deck area.
3. NO PARKING is permitted in the lane reserved for emergency vehicles directly in front of the entrance sidewalk.
4. Parking on Canterbury Lane should be limited to the side of the street where the Association’s property is. Local ordinances shall prevail.
5. Only properly licensed vehicles are permitted in the Associations’ parking lot. No unlicensed motorized vehicles will be permitted on Association Property; specifically, but not exclusive to, mini-bikes, “off-road” vehicles. go carts, etc… .
1. Violation of any pool rule is cause for suspension of pool privileges or other disciplinary actions.
2. Talking or distracting the lifeguards while they are engaged in their duties is prohibited.
3. The Rules and Regulations are subject to change or modification without notice, at the discretion of the Board of Directors or the Pool Management.
Your cooperation in following these Rules and Regulations shall be greatly appreciated by Pool Manager, Association Staff, and the Board of Directors.