Rose Garden Pool Swim Lessons
FOR ROSE GARDEN POOL ASSOCIATION MEMBERS ONLY
Swimmers must be age 4 or older as of 06/01/22 for SI and 07/1/22 for SII.
“Split Weeks” are not available.
2022 Swim Lesson Dates:
(Checks should be payable to Rose Garden Pool Association)
REGISTRATION: Complete registration and payment and return to the RG front desk. All forms can be obtained at the front desk once the pool opens for the season.
Payment and registration form must be received before the first class of each session!
Class size is limited and first come, first served will be honored. Sorry, no refunds.
Classes meet for 30 minutes at Rose Garden Pool, rain* or shine
(*thunder, lightning and temperatures below 68 degrees will cancel classes)
Private lessons are available during the entire summer swim season with Rose Garden Pool life guard instructors. See Pool Manager for details.
Swimmer levels: Beginner thru Level 3 is taught. Each level and swimmer will advance levels as their skills and abilities improve and develop.
– Beginner: For the youngest swimmers, learn through fun games and play, basic skills such as getting their face and head under the water, floating on their back, kicking with a kickboard, jumping from side of pool with assistance and having fun while learning and becoming more comfortable in the water.
– Level 1: Swimmer will expand on the Beginner Level, adding a paddle stroke, treading water, introduction to the freestyle stroke, underwater swimming, back float and much more.
– Level 2: Swimmer will add to Beginner and Level 1 skills with more endurance of skills (example is treading water for one minute), proper breathing for freestyle stroke, introduction of backstroke, and introduction to diving.
– Level 3: Swimmers will swim freestyle and back strokes for 25 meters, focusing on better kicking and arm strokes, front dive, and streamline. Swimmers who finish this level are encouraged to continue swimming by joining the Rose Garden Pool Swim Team
– All levels are taught pool Safety Rules each session.