Rose Garden Pool Association
2023 Swim Team
Forms to sign up & pay for RG Swim Team will be available at the RG front desk beginning Saturday, May 27, 2023.
2023 Swim Team Practice:
Swim Team practice will start on Monday, June 12th
Monday – Friday*
10:30 am -11:15 am: 8 & U
10:30 am – 11:30 am: 9 & 10
11:00 am – 12:00 noon: 11 & 12
11:00 am – 12:00 noon: 13 & Over
* July 4: TEAM FAMILY 4TH OF JULY PRACTICE @ 10:15 a.m.
*Please note that swim team dates are tentative and subject to change.
2023 Swim Team Meet Dates:
*Please note that for HOME swim meets, RGPA will close early at 4:45 pm.
Dual meets begin @ 6:30 pm.; Invitational meets TBA; *Warm up times TBA
June 20: AWAY: Dual Meet @ Keystone Oaks
June 27: AWAY: RELAYS INVITATIONAL @ Woodland Hills
June 29: DUAL MEET MAKE UP DATE IF NEEDED
July 6: HOME: Dual Meet @ HOME -vs- Bower Hill
July 11: AWAY: UNDERDOG INVITATIONAL Meet @ Elmhurst
July 13: HOME: Dual meet @ HOME -vs- Elmhurst
July 18: AWAY: Dual meet @ Woodland Hills
July 20: DUAL MEET MAKE UP DATE IF NEEDED
July 25: AWAY: 10 & U INVITATIONAL @ Keystone Oaks (RG team will assist with planning/running meet)
July 27: AWAY: CHAMPIONSHIP INVITATIONAL @ Bower Hill
July 28: CHAMPIONSHIP INVITATIONAL MAKE UP IF NEEDED
July 30: HOME: Team Party TBA
FOR THE SWIMMER:
– Your swimmer must be able to swim at least one length of the pool, UNASSISTED.
– Swimmers must be at least 6 years of age to participate and no older than 18 years of age.
– Daily practices are recommended. The more you practice, the faster you will swim, and the better swimmer you will be. Practices will consist of stroke work (all strokes), laps, dive-ins, and some days, fun games.
– Swim meets require the swimmer/or parents signing up at least two days before any scheduled meet. (The exceptions are the Relays and the Championships. These meets require that you sign up at least 10 days prior to the meet.) The meet sign up book is located at the front guard desk every day. If your child is signed up and then unable to attend the meet, you must call the pool at 724.941.9944 and inform one of the coaches ASAP.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: The South Hills Swim League Championship Meet is by invitation only. The fastest swimmers during the swim season will be invited to compete. It is an honor to be asked, but all swim team members are invited to attend and cheer our team on!
It is important to attend meets that are held at other swim clubs. It is always a good experience to try out other pools. Directions will be available at the front desk and all locations are in the South Hills area and easy to find.
FOR THE PARENTS:
The swim team at Rose Garden is managed by volunteer parents and dedicated coaches. We have many committed parents who keep the swim team functioning, but it is unfair for a few to do all the work. In order for your child to be on the swim team, we are asking parents to take a turn or two helping at a variety of duties at a home meet and an away meet. There is training for all the parent positions. Parent volunteer sign-up and list of duties needed for every meet can be found in the meet sign up book.
Rose Garden Swim Team is a TEAM and it needs all its swimmers and parents to actively participate. Get involved and show your support of our swimmers and our pool.
Have Rose Garden Pool Swim Team Questions?
Contact Rose Garden Pool Manager
Bower Hill Swim Club, Elmhurst Swim Club, Keystone Oaks Swim Team, and Woodland Hills Swim Club
Bower Hill Swim Club (412-276-3131)
1. Take Rt. 19 north to the Upper St. Clair exit and make a right at the exit. Stop at the end of the exit ramp and make right.
2. Follow this road to the second traffic light. At light, make right onto McMillan Rd.
3. Follow McMillan Road through stop signs to the traffic light. At light, continue straight onto Painter’s Run Road.
4. Follow Painters Run Road to the end (T-intersection). At light, make a right turn onto Bower Hill Road.
5. Go through two traffic lights. Bower Hill Swim Club is approximately 3/10 of a mile past the second light on the left side of the road.
Elmhurst Pool Swim Club (724-222-9974)
1. Take Rt. 19 S towards Washington, PA.
2. Pass under 1-70 and through the stoplight. Go to the top of the hill and make a left onto North Avenue. (Between Gas Stations)
3. Go one block on North Ave. Make a left onto Wilmont. Go to second stop and cross over Beau Street directly into the Elmhurst Pool parking lot.
Keystone Oaks Swim Team
1000 Kelton Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15216
There is an abundance of parking up top by the track and down around the bend by the administration building and high school.
Woodland Hills Swim Club (724-942-9993)
1. Take Rt. 19 north to Boyce Road.
2. At light, make left onto Boyce Road.
3. Stay on Boyce until you come to Bingham Road. Make left onto Bingham. (The road next to Friendship Village).
4. Woodland Hills is located at the top of the hill on the left.